Good Neighbor Team Challenge
In 2016, Father Joe's Villages will be premiering the Thanksgiving Day 5k Good Neighbor Team Challenge. We’re looking for compassionate, fun-loving, and energetic teams to join together and compete for the Good Neighbor Team Challenge Trophy! Teams will have the opportunity to win points in five different categories: Gathering team members, raising money, dressing up, telling your friends, and choosing a team name. The team that wins the most points will win a trophy, a luncheon dedicated to their achievement, and—most important of all—the pride of knowing that they did something great for their community. The only requirements are that teams must consist of a minimum of eight people... and that they have fun!
- Team Building - Bond with your office-mates, your family, or your friends!
- Meet New People - Meet other teams while engaging in some healthy competition.
- Fun Exercise - Get out and enjoy this turkey trot in beautiful Balboa Park with your teammates.
- Giving Back - Raise awareness for an amazing cause.
- Bragging Rights - Win the 5k Team Challenge Trophy and a luncheon dedicated to the #1 team.
HOW DO I WIN?
- Gather Team Members - Win 1 point for every member who joins your team. Encourage friends, family, & workmates to sign up!
- Raise Money - Win 2 points for every $10 that you fundraise. Encourage donations through social media & more!
- Play Dress Up - Wear festive colors, costumes, & hats to the 5k for a chance to win: 1st place will earn 50 points, 2nd place will earn 25 points, & 3rd place will earn 10 points.
- Tell Your Friends - Starting October 1st, win 5 points for every original post that you share on Facebook, Instagram, & Twitter.
- Choose A Team Name - Create an appropriate & innovative name for your team. The top three names will win 25, 10, & 5 points respectively.